Breaking news: We have launched a fundrasing campaign to raise £25,000 to support Kunyanja School through 2020-21 survining the challenges of Covid-19 and ensuring the many succeses of the last fifteen years ae build on for many years to come.
Please support this appeal at – we are so grateful for your support
Masambiro was founded in 2005 to support education in the district of Nkhata Bay, Northern Malawi. Since 2005, Masambiro has partnered with and provided direct assistance to a wonderful Malawian team at Kunyanja Secondary School and more recently to Kunyjana Educational Trust. Watch a short film to find out more about our work:
In the past 15 years we have:
- Built a school with many classrooms, a library, a science laboratory and a school hall that sees over 5000 children come through its doors and 1500 through adult education
- Through a bursary programme funded over 80 children a year through secondary education who otherwise would not have access to education
- Supported the growth of income generation projects including a piggery and a community garden
- Worked with our local Malawian partners to create Kunyanja Education Trust based in Malawi to oversee the governance of all the projects
- Supported over 50 students and members of staff through university
- Completed the building of a girls dormitory for 56 female students to be able to board at the school
We are now faced with the challenges of Covid-19. Thie challenge to keep schools running in the fac of social distancing measures alongside the chalenges of poverty caused by the pandemic are immense.
Masambiro UK is a UK registered charity: 1170717